Our mission statement:
- To work cooperatively for the benefit, education and promotion of the community of Grayling.
- To increase the cooperation and awareness between the business community and the community in general.
- To increase the awareness and concern between members of GPA.
Past & Present Recipients of GPA Donations
- AuSable River Festival Parade & Canoe Marathon
- Kids Day
- Historical Museum
- Christmas Walk
- 4th of July Parade & Fireworks
- CCCC Help Center
- Hanson Hills Bike Festival
- Chamber of Commerce Summer Music Series & Business After Hours
- Banners & Christmas lights for Uptown Grayling
- Animal Shelter
- River House Shelter
- Crawford County Economic Development Partnership
- Mercy Hospital
- AuSable Recreation Expo
- Community Thanksgiving Dinner
- AuSable Artisan Village
- Grayling Uptown District Assoc.
- Grayling Skate Park
- Michigan Main Street project
- Wellington Farm, USA
Grayling Promotional Association
Thank you for your inquiry regarding our sponsorship/donation program. This letter is intended to provide you with an overview of how our funding process works and the requirements for an organization to apply.
It is important to remember that the primary mission of the Grayling Promotional Association is to promote business and tourism in the Grayling Community. All applicants must provide a clear, succinct explanation of how their project addresses this mission.
If your request is for less than $1,000 it should be submitted at least two months in advance of the project through the following process;
Submit a letter on your organization’s stationary to the Grayling Promotional Association P.O. Box 150, Grayling, MI 49738 including the following:
· Organizational name, address, email address and phone number.
· Project contact phone number and email address. This is the person who will be contacted with questions or a need for further information.
· An opening paragraph over viewing your project and how it addresses the primary mission of the Grayling Promotional Association.
· In the second paragraph clearly state the total amount of the project and the amount being requested from Grayling Promotional Association. The date that the amount must be received by the organization should also be included.
· In subsequent paragraphs any additional details you think should be considered.
A copy of your organization’s proof of non-profit status and a list of your current Board of Directors should be included with this letter.
If your request is for an amount greater than $1,000 a letter requesting a funding proposal should be submitted to the Association address listed above a minimum of four months in advance of the project including the following;
· A brief over view of the project with a detailed explanation of how it addresses the mission of the Grayling Promotional Association.
· Contact person phone and email address.
· The amount of funding and length of any pledge period which would be requested.
· Request for a funding proposal form.
You will receive a response to this request within 14 days. Completed Funding proposal forms must be received three months in advance of any project start date.
Linda Schultz, President
Rebecca Knepper, Vice President
Karyn Schafer, Secretary
Lonnie Stevens, Treasurer